If you would like to join our team please see below for our current vacancies.
Event Production Builder/ Carpenter
Based in Exhall, Coventry; More Production are a successful, unique and versatile event production company; offering a wide range of event services including, prop and furniture hire, venue dressing as well as bespoke projects and event builds across the UK and further afield.
Within our team, no two days are the same, and you actively plan for and respond to anything that’s thrown your way.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic competent and experienced Event Production Builder/ Carpenter to become a full time and permanent key member of our growing dedicated team to help us deliver 100’s of exceptional events every year. Working closely with the production office you will help supervise and schedule work for the bespoke build aspects.
* Main point of contact for all carpentry work and set design.
* Working from and interpreting visual designs and briefs, to offer guidance and advice to Production staff, Sales staff & Clients to ensure the highest possible production standards are met working with the budgets available.
* Coordinating the scenic build prep stage of a project within the workshop, whilst liaising with the Operations and Events teams and ensuring that deadlines are met.
* Set building.
* Oversee the onsite team of both permanent employees and freelancers and ensuring that tasks and build items are distributed amongst the team.
* Stock management of consumables and advising Scenery Manager/Assistant Scenery Manager of items that need replenishing.
* Be responsible for the maintenance and repair of existing products ensuring they are fit for purpose.
* Manage the production of bespoke build aspects within the workshop as well as providing on site installations and removals.
* Assist in the loading/unloading of delivery vehicles.
* Any other adhoc duties such as maintaining and organising the workshop environment.
What we value:
* Have a full UK driving licence & feel comfortable driving a large van – Driving forms a fair part of our work and therefore all candidates must hold a full valid UK driving licence.
* Must be fit & healthy – The work involved is of a physical nature and will require a reasonable level of fitness.
* Team player – Even our senior men get their hands dirty so we would expect you too.
* Must be able to work flexible, unsociable hours – Due to the nature of the business & the industry, overtime with evening, weekend, night and working away is a regular occurrence.
* Extraordinary communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
* Previous experience of supervising a team.
*Good analytical and problem solving skills with the confidence to make critical decisions when necessary.
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task.
* Highly organised with a confident approach.
* Have high personal and professional standards.
* Keen eye for detail.
* A creative flare.
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast moving environment with tight deadlines.
* Health and Safety awareness.
* Additional training will be provided where necessary, but any additional experience and qualifications in rigging, IPAF, set build & draping, would be most advantageous.
Above all we are looking for an energetic and flexible person with the right experience who will fit in to our busy team, assist with the continued growth of the business, problem solve, use their own initiative and work unsupervised.
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Basic 37.5 hour per week, working 5 days out of 7. Due to the nature of the business & the industry, additional hours / overtime is a regular occurrence.
Wage: 20k-21.5k annually + overtime between £10-£11 p/h – Negotiable on experience
If you are interested in this position and want to find out more, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for the position.
Applications will close by the 18th January – with interviews in the week following – With a start date as soon as possible thereafter.
Successful applicants will be invited for a 1 day trial at the workshop.
FREELANCE EVENT CREW/CARPENTERS/PAINTERS & DRIVERS
We often require freelance event crew, carpenters, painters and drivers for work onsite (mainly either local to us or in London) & in our busy workshop.
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, a brief introduction and history of your work.